Thursday, July 16, 2015

Brought Up To Be On Guard



I've received homework from the Lotus Pond-- not just working on my personal practice but extending my heart out to all those around me with five random acts of kindness.
When I see videos like this, it makes me really want to get out there and do something similar. 
I've been brought up to be so fearful for myself-- that the world cannot be trusted; it's very difficult to find and embrace opportunities to help someone out in need. Fear that I will be hurt or taken advantage of bubbles up in my mind and I become overly logical. Oh, they probably have someone coming to help them. They might kidnap me. They are not in danger; they are probably just trying to take advantage of others.
I want so badly to reach out and help those in need but... I'm held back. 
I'm going to keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.