Friday, January 1, 2016

Namaste, 2016


Last year I set out to let go of the dark corners in my past, the depression, the disconnection to the world around me. I set the intention to become a better friend and give all that I can: 
"This year I hope to become better at giving all that I can. I hope to achieve a state in my yoga that will allow me to help reach out to others seeking peace and restore their faith in themselves. My deepest wish is for love-- for all beings to feel it engulf them and fill their lives with hope and generosity.
That wish follows me into this new year, along with these new intentions.

After I stirred from the end of a beautiful New Years practice at the Lotus Pond, I was instructed to write down two things. 

On one notecard, we were told to write something we wanted to let go of that we could throw into the fire outside. On the other, an intention, a daily practice to help fulfill our intentions in the coming year. 

On one card I wrote, "Daily journaling, creating more: paint, music, classes, etc. Make daily intentions." 

And the other I wrote a slew of things I wanted to let go of. I circled certain words that I wanted to be sure the universe read: "Fear, doubt, laziness." I watched the paper burn in the flames, making sure it crumbled and became nothing more than a coal in the fire. I turned and walked away, knowing I am as free as I want to be-- as free as the air feeding the flames.
The intentions, I put in my wallet. Here (in my journal) I plant the seed for this year. 

I will complete my 200 YTT program in February and that alone really sheds light on the changes ahead, on the flowers that may bloom.

Today and every day, I wish all of you the clarity of finding the peace and beauty already within you.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.