Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Leach

Hi, my name is Catherine and I'm a gym-o-holic.
While that may not be entirely true, I've found I am having trouble with controlling the amount I time I spend. I always shoot for a max of one hour but always seem to go over. In the past it was easy to time myself because all I did was stare at the clock on the elliptical or just wait for the end of the group workout class.
Now that it's me, the weights, and twenty other people on the floor. I think the time waiting for things contributes but I just want to try and see if there's anything I can do to use my time more efficiently-- without sacrificing proper form.
The FSU Bobby E. Leach Center makes numerous machines and weight sets available but, with so many attendants, it's difficult for everyone to get in and out in an hour. I'm going to have to try improvising or just figure out how to make patience a swift affair.
Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Me with an 8 lb dumbbell. I felt odd taking a picture at the gym but it seems like no one really noticed. Smart phones can be so stealthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.