Monday, March 17, 2014

Updating... Updating... Hi I'm Penny!

So I had written this on Friday while on my lunch break at work but the weekend happened which, for me, is: work, being tired, tidying up the apartment, and trying to get in some much needed social time. But, here it is along with my current measurements and a picture of all that's going on here in our little family (though I think once you have two kids -ahem- pets it's a normal size family).

This is what I see when I do my forward fold. 
I want to say right away that Penny is doing great. Alex and I took her to the vet on Thursday and they gave her antibiotics for what they believe is an upper respiratory infection. Afterwards we took her to this beautiful dog park in downtown Tampa. At first she just wanted to smell everything but then other dogs came and she sprinted to play with them. I don't believe I've vet felt so nervous. It was my first time ever at a dog park let alone at a dog park with a dog. The first meeting between dogs at the park is very interesting yet frightening because it starts friendly but then they make growl-y bark noises and it's just frightful. Proves I'm a cat person because although I love Penny and all animals, I don't enjoy that part of dogs-- that inherent nature for territory, boundaries, and sometimes aggression. Of course a well trained dog will have all these natural instincts minimized and controlled. Penny isn't aggressive but I strongly believe she has much to learn before I feel entirel comfortable with her with other dogs and other dogs with her.
Also at the dog park we met a nice woman named Gabbie. I am so happy to have met her because it's been so long since I've met someone new who is so open to new people and wants to get to know them. We stayed at the park for two hours talking with her and watching Penny play with the other dogs. I wish I had taken pictures but you know how it can be when you're having a grand time; you're in that moment-- like really in that moment-- and you don't worry about preserving the memory of how gorgeous the day was or how cute Penny looked while having a grand time. 
It truly was a lovely afternoon and even though Penny got paw blisters and she's super pooped I know she will be happy to go back again. 
I was super tired too and almost forgot that I had made plans with Kaitlin. Luckily I still had my I'm-so-tired-that-I'm-awake-again energy to hang out. It's always worth it to lose some sleep for friends. Especially when you don't get to see them often. 
Oh! I almost forgot to share that we re making great progress between Penny and Rinpoche. What we did to get Rinpoche comfortable again was put up a baby gate between the kitchen and bedroom and feed them both at the same time on opposite sides of the gate. Rinpoche was so unsure at first and continues to be hesitant about being in view or proximity of Penny but he eats his food wherever we place the bowl now. He's also left the bedroom. We took down the baby gate because he was sitting at it like a prisoner even though he could easily jump over. Now he explores areas where Penny is as long as we are there too.

One of the best pictures I've ever taken. My heart, my soul, my spirit.
Since Alex and I went home for a couple of days to see family and friends, and adopted Penny, I haven't had the chance to head over to the Rec Center. I miss my weights. More-so now, though, I miss riding my bicycle. My tube and tire blew up two nights ago so Alex and I headed over to Target to get replacements. Unfortunately, the new tube managed to pop on me, too. Both explosions occurred while in the apartment while immobile. I think my bicycle is giving up on me-- it knows I'm saving up for a new one. I'm not sure what bicycle I'll be getting but I know it's one with a step-through frame so I can hop on easier. I also know it will not be single speed nor fixed gear. I like my gears. I like adjusting to the situation and being able to press on breaks.
So I'm missing the gym but I signed up for an Amrit Yoga class tonight. I'm not sure what to expect as none of the yoga classes I have been to have claimed to be Amrit. From what I read it sounds like it's about holding the postures, breathing and meditation. I myself am a Vinyasa girl (breathing with change of poses/motions) but it's good to try different approaches to the practice.

My measurements:
9.5" biceps
39.25" shoulders
33" chest
29.5" underbust
26" waist
35.75" hips
37" butt
21.5" thighs
13.5" calves




Can't forget a Rinpoche fan-pleasing picture!:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.