Thursday, April 11, 2013

Paleo Banana Cookies

Lately I've been attached to these super easy paleo cookies. They taste great and I love treating myself with them. Smushed bananas, oats, and extras of your choice-- yum!
When you  bite in you feel the warm sticky banana, the easily popped raisins, and a surprisingly soft-cookie texture that really makes these into a wonderful snack or treat. Who says cookies can't be made mostly from fruit?
I have found, however, that the directions can be improved. If you like your cookies a little tougher, bake at 400 degrees to crisp up the edges and brown the bottoms more.
In addition, I've selected a symphony of delectable ingredients to add nutrition. Here is my adapted method of making these delightful cookies:

(makes 3 cookies)
Preheat oven to 400, grease cookie sheet
Mash 1 banana with a fork until made into complete mush (the riper it is, the sweeter your cookie will be),
Add in a heaping spoonful of peanut butter, squish around until mostly incorporated with the banana,
1 tsp of honey (if the banana is still a little green, I recommend the honey to make it sweeter)
Handful of raisins,
1/2 cup of quick oats, mix until everything is incorporated
Scoop with a large spoon and slop the 'batter' onto the cookie sheet, shape them with the spoon.
Drizzle generously with cinnamon.
Bake for 13-15 minutes.
Shovel the cookies with a spatula onto a plate and start eating while they're warm.
Enjoy!

If you really like these, I recommend one of my earlier blog posts on No-Bake Cookies and Snack Squares


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.