Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sweet Baby Carrots! City Place.

I'm head over heels for City Place. I've been to it quite a few times and I simply love the atmosphere, the quality of the shops and restaurants. This past Christmas I took Alex to BB Kings Blues Bar and the music was excellent, paired with the most delightful Bourbon Pecan Pie.
This past Tuesday we had lunch at Sweet Ginger, a Chinese-Thai restaurant. I highly recommend the Pineapple Fried Rice with Tofu. It's positively delicious. I would show you a picture but I ate that too. The Drunken Noodles weren't bad either but not nearly as exciting as the Pineapple Fried Rice. We also ordered some Vietnamese Spring Rolls; they're good palate cleansers but I wouldn't recommend them as an appetizer or for someone, like myself, who is rather particular about the use of mint leaves.

Other than BB Kings and Sweet Ginger, there is an abundance of places to marvel like this decadent sweet shop that I went crazy on with my camera. I don't remember the name but I recall it being in the main square so you can't miss it.
For a night out, or just a relaxing afternoon window shopping and drooling over goodies, City Place is wonderful. There are plenty of bars and night life options to choose from.
The following pictures are of the ice cream shop!:

Greeted by adorable what-ya-ma-call-its. 




Alex found the candies. Jelly-bean heaven and multiple other hard candies. 






Fudge! And cute cookies! They also have fancy chocolates like my favorite place, Kilwin's, but that picture doesn't want to cooperate with the blog. BOO.



Nutella Vanilla Ice Cream on a Chocolate Sprinkle Waffle Cone

Choo-Choo train! When this one stops, the other goes and back and forth. 


Adult-turning-back-into-child-friendly place that feeds you sweet treats. <3
They have silly gum, too! I had bought a "don't have stupid children" one for my friend Marry;
I think this is the same  line.




I love ice cream. Totally worth the Lactaid pill.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.