Wednesday, May 29, 2013

How Not To Make A Pre-Yoga Morning Juice

Attempt number one consisted of:
Broccoli, gala apple, almond juice, and honey. 
I can tell you right now broccoli is not meant to be in juice. It was so oddly textured and I think it may just be me because I don't like raw broccoli. Perhaps ill give the almond milk, apple and honey a chance by themselves next time. 

Attempt number two:
Gala apple, green tea, whey chocolate flavored protein powder.
Apples tea and chocolate protein powder taste like an apple dipped in warm green tea chocolate. Doesn't sound bad but my attempts to force it down were futile. This one was a big no as well. 
As I really wanted to get my morning started I opted out of a morning juice for a plain banana with water. I need to look up juice recipes. I think I'll stick to only spinach and kale in my juice. After the broccoli, veggies sound weird to drink. 
Note: these are not to replace meals but merely to get some energy and my metabolism going for my morning yoga. 
I'm going to force this habit back into my every day; I will bring my mat with me everywhere just like my water bottle. This is the healthy habit I've missed most and with the big change from college environment with a lot available to nothing at home, I need to hold onto the wonder of my mat. So much comes from that beat up old thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.