Thursday, January 2, 2014

Blog-ger-ri-fic-ness! & My Weekly Race 2 Abs Update

I'm really excited to share with all of you that there are two new wonderful blogger's out here on the internet! Two of my fellow 'noles have decided to record and share their goingons of their personal journeys. (Kaitlin: http://positivelyperplexing.blogspot.com/ and Brandi: http://becauseiwantachange.blogspot.com/ ).

As one has already discussed, first steps are tough and, while many steps after the first step are tough, too, I applaud them both for making a public commitment to their goals. Sometimes it takes all eyes and a bit of shove to get things going.








Speaking of public commitment, it's Thursday! Time for an update on how my Race 2 Abs is going. Last night I had an apple something donut from Dunkin Donuts and I can tell you that I won't be having one again for quite some time. Flavors are nice but it just doesn't seem worth it anymore. I crave for read food like fresh plums and garlic kale with steamed carrots. Commitment. Commitment. Commitment. I can do this; anyone can do this. It just requires you to read up on nutrition and healthy habits like saying no to Dunkin and yes to the power of Kale and a pot of tea.




Measurements as of now are:

39.75" shoulders
33.5" chest
29" under bust
9.5" biceps
26.75" waist
30" belly button
36" hips
37.75" butt
21.75" thighs
14" calves

I want to include my weight but unfortunately I do not currently have access to a scale. I'll have to rummage through Salvation Army or Good Will and pop some tags. If not, I'll find one at the USF Rec Center and add that into my weekly updates.
Workouts lately have mostly been on the elliptical (which I will be making a post about soon). I've had some great results in the past with this particular machine and it's a great way to bring me back the good habits I enforced last spring. In addition to this fascinating machine, I've also kept to my daily yoga routine and added sit-ups.Sit-ups seem to have a not-so great reputation with people and are more often than not replaced with the loatheful crunch (seriously, I hate crunches-- sit-ups cover a bigger area and don't give me a neck ache while I'm building my core strength). It's safe to say I much prefer old-fashioned sit-ups.
Aside from last night's donut, I have kept a hearty and veggie-ful diet. Lots of Kale. Alex even put Kale in the soup he made this past Sunday.
Things are going really good and truly think I have the one-up in this Race to Abs.

Hope you all have got this New Year going with mindfully, happy and healthy habits!
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.