Monday, January 6, 2014

Hi, My Name Is Catherine and I'm Addicted to Bioshock Infinite



Okay, I'm not really addicted but I'm really caught up on this amazing game. I'm not one for first person shooters or gory-games but the graphics and the story are so amazing I can't help it. I'm happy to repeatedly do a head-shot on a crazed man in a fireman suit, with the vigor of flame balls-- as long as I get my fix of the story in the process. It's quite addicting and there hasn't been one time I've played it since purchase that I haven't stared at the screen for less than two hours. Two hours. Four days since the completion of the download, no less than two hours each day, that's eight hours on this game. Not unheard of and not extreme but when I woke up this morning I realized I didn't have to work and immediately got giddy that I could hop on the computer and play after my morning yoga and breakfast. Not before my shower, of course. At the end of my three-hour fix I told myself that I should probably take a shower.
Then I decided, yes, that would indeed be a good idea. I didn't want to be like Penny from Big Bang Theory. Alex assures me I won't but I still thought of the possibility. In case you don't watch the show, here's a clip to give you an idea (though even this may not help because there are complex relationships and such going on throughout the show).



There's nothing wrong with playing videogames but it's my goal to always choose doing something outdoors or active over playing a videogame (even bioshock infinite).
But, seriously guys, if you like videogames, you should definitely playing Bioshock Infinite. Worth your time and thoughts as it goes far beyond what first person shooters usually offer.

So keep up with those new years resolutions, drink more water, play a little Bioshock, and don't forget to feed your cat! 

Rinpoche wanted to give me and you both a message:


He also typed this lovely little message for you: 
"yhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbh"


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.