Saturday, January 25, 2014

Habits Lead to Fitness


Don't forget to floss and rinse!
So I have a lot of good habits going on this month (aside from re-discovering my interest in cutesy-amazing-story videogames), not limited to eating more kale, eating less sweets (still a habit in progress),and getting my butt to the gym. Now it's time to start pulling in bigger guns like making cardio sessions lean more toward fat-burning, high-intensity, lifting weights more than twice a week, and making leaner meal choices. The ladder is a bit difficult on the weekends because I don't have a lot of time to cook for my work meals so I'll just need to be sure to make enough leftovers  on Thursday night-- not an  easy feat with a night class but I'm sure I can make it happen.

The numbers for this week are:

39.75" shoulders
34" chest
30.5" underbust
9.25" biceps
25.75" waist (the change from earlier this week is probably due to being a girl, bloating is mandatory).
31.75" belly button
36.75" hips
37.25" butt
22" thighs
14" calves

I think my biggest concerns for winning this race to abs are my weakness for sweets and the fact that my main fat store is my lower abdomen... and that I hate crunches. (Seriously, what does the world have against complete sit-ups?!). I'm also worried about school and keeping up with everything I need to do to build up my experience for future job prospects; I really want to be in the best shape I can be but I can't sacrifice my grades... it's very tempting to just switch over to fitness but I have no science background so I'd need to start all over. So. I'm sticking with Library Science since I'm almost done anyway and I'm going to make sure school is at the very top of my list. Gosh, lists...
Don't worry I won't share another list with you. Unless you'd like to see my average grocery list? That would be an interesting one to share because diet is more than half the 'battle'. I know some people love/hate that statistic but it's true. If you eat nothing but meat, starch, and processed foods, you're going to feel and look crappy. If you eat clean veggies, fruits, complex carbs/starchs, portioned lean proteins and/or meats, you're going to feel better. Yes that slice of decadent chocolate fudge cake will be amazing on your fork and goo-ing between your teeth but that signal that the food is sending to your brain is just that-- a signal. It is instant pleasure rather than lasting enjoyment. The goal should be for lasting enjoyment, a.k.a. food that transfers into long-term energy for your body.
I'm still not sure how to get myself through 3pm without feeling like sleep is the only thing in the world I want. Solution: siesta. Not gonna happen.

I'll continue to do my best at keeping up with the weekly posts. Hope you're all taking January by storm. 

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.