Saturday, January 19, 2013

In the Cold

Morning yoga during winter? I know it doesn't sound like the most pleasant thing: you're all cozy in bed but then you're alarm goes off telling you it's time to get your day started. When you try to get out of bed the cold nips at your feet--ugh. I totally understand.
What I do is put on socks and a beanie. Beanies that cover your ears are best because they help keep your body heat in. Socks help create warmth.
After I'm done doing cow/cat pose I take off my socks; by then, I'm warmed up enough to let my feet into the chill. I was so tempted to skip it this morning but I'm glad I didn't. It's turning into the positive start to my day. No matter what happens, I have yoga in the morning and, so far, each day I've felt great.
If you've decided to take up morning yoga, keep strong. I'm beginning to see just how good of a habit it's becoming. 15 minutes out of your morning in exchange for peace and positive energy for the day? Anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.