Friday, July 18, 2014

Me Picking Up My Own Feet

While I'm on my lunch break at work I want to take a moment to reflect on this past week. I had a hard time with getting myself motivated enough to do school work and when I get home tonight I need to get some serious time in to finish an assignment and work on one more that's due tomorrow. I can do it. Somehow.
Tuesday night Alex and I finally made it to the Hacker Space where we met really nerdy people who were super nice and willing to educate. We were shown multiple demonstrations with 3D Printers and while they are pretty awesome and have good future prospects, the necessity just isn't there yet. 
Really thinking about it now, the mysticism of 3D a Printers has been cleared out and raw mechanical understanding remains. All they do right now is melt plastic and create something a computer program tells it to make according to different structural options-- basically just different ways of building layers. Thanks to Kaitlin there is still some wonder to 3D Printing. Apparently there is some girl who figured out how to modify one for producing her own makeup. Pretty cool but I haven't looked into it myself. 
Yesterday I finally got to do Susy Tuesday (and will see her again on actual Susy Tuesday!) and we just hung out and caught up. I took her to this awesome cupcake place right next to Busch Gardens and words cannot express how glad I was that there was at least one peanut butter cup cupcake left. This girl works hard and totally deserves to feed her inner peanut butter monster. I really missed her and I'm so fortunate to have her nearby. Our time together ended yesterday because I had to take her to work but the day still ended nicely. Alex and I went to The Pub on Bay Street and Alex was in love. I thought it was pretty awesome too- another place that made me wish I enjoyed beer. Fish & chips and the cheese balls were awesome though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.