Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bridesmaid Numero Dos



I finally got to bring my bridesmaid dress home today after three fittings and then a final adjustment today when I went in. I know you're probably all dying to see it but I don't currently have a picture of me in my actual dress. I believe the image above is the exact dress. Mine is purple.
This was the second time I've gone to a seamstress but it was the first time I had to get so much done. Like I have mentioned in past posts, the dress was exactly a size too small but luckily there was enough fabric to let it out. The reason I had to have it fitted three times was because it was let out a bit too much, then the under layer was too snug. Now it's finally done and I'm happy to have the worry of someone tossing it into a giant blender full of mandolins parts off my mind. If you live in Tampa and you're looking for a good seamstress who will work with you until your dress fits AND you're happy, go to Emelina's off of Busch and Armenia. I worked with Emelina herself and everything went well. I told her the deadline and she made sure that I got to take it home with time to spare. The shop also sells dresses for more than just weddings: proms, quinces-- you name it!
I'm happy it's all done with. Now I can just get my hair trimmed and my nails done then relax while someone else does my hair and makeup for my brother and Jenny's big day.
Their gift is still in process. I have all the parts; I'm just waiting on one to dry. Oh no I've given it away! There's only so many things that can be dried! I will share the gift and the reasoning behind it after the wedding (and the cruise because I'll be lucky if I get a moment to sit down and just write a post. I'm sure I'll have lots of lovely pictures to share, though).

As for other news, I continue to go to the gym and work out pretty much every day. Cutting out all the unnecessary sweets has been a challenge but I think I may have gotten to the actual point of no-more-sweets-until-my-brother's-wedding. Because, come on, there's going to be a ton of delicious dessert options!
I'm a bit bloated today because of TOM but I weighed myself and measured my trouble area.
This morning I was at 132 lbs and my waist is 26.5 inches while my lower abdomen is still in the 35.25 inch area. I know that my lower tummy is going to be the biggest issue for my cosplays. I have to dedicate myself to very limited to minimal sweets along with smaller portions.
Has anyone tried those portioning plates? Do they actually help or do you just end up letting your food crawl up and over the portion ranges? Maybe it's worth a try?
Here are some new pictures; it's been forever:




Gosh that strap is bothering me...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.