Thursday, June 5, 2014

Vacation Calls


Yesterday Alex and I took Kaitlin to Orlando for a conference for her major. The trip was pretty fun though I've discovered that Panera's pastries are not always perfect. We picked lunch up there before we hit the road and then once we got on the highway I made it to the cinnamon roll (which everyone who likes cinnamon rolls can agree is amazing!). To my dismay, the roll was, well, goopy. Instead of a nice soft and slightly chewy rolls with delicious hit-of-citrus glaze, it was goop. Yellow blob with cinna-goop in between it's crevices. BOO.
The road trip was nice though, the hour and a half flies by when you're in good company. Since I was in company of two of my favorite people, we got there in no time at all-- getting Kaitlin there only a few minutes late. While she was at her conference, I took Alex to see the Orlando equivalent of Momo's pizza (Tallahassee). He was extremely excited and, while Lazy Moon pizza is not as good as Momo's, he enjoyed it. Happy boyfriend, happy day hehe. Then we went to a comic book shop (believe me we had options!) where we landed on the jackpot. It wasn't that we found all the Red Lantern comics that we needed to be entirely caught up to-date; it was the fact that I selected the one shop that had four tables of quality, unorganized comic books... that were $1 each. I'm talking Brightest Day, Blackest Night, X-Men, Batman-- lots of new stuff and good old stuff. So you can bet we got quite a few. It would have been cool if we were able to find all the Red Lanterns we need but this little treasure shop was a nice encounter.
Afterwards we picked up Kaitlin and went to meet her big, my aunt, at Carraba's. To keep it brief, we at a lot of food, laughed a lot, went to the bathroom several times-- all the fun. Then we had to go because I realized it was nearly ten and Penny and Rinpoche were waiting for us to get home.
Kaitlin thanked me multiple times for taking her and, of course, she is always welcome.

Being in Orlando really made we want to be on vacation but showed me that I don't think I'll ever want to live in Orlando. People are very different there in comparison to Tampa and Tallahassee. Being in the middle of Florida causes a lack of southern hospitality and charm. I've been spoiled with friendly, welcoming people in all the places I've been, going to Orlando was just an eye-opener as far as that goes. However, I do really want a vacation. I want to go to a theme park and just go have some crazy fun! I still have't made an absolute decision of what I'd like to do for my birthday this year but I'm pretty sure I want to do Wizarding World (Universal & Islands of Adventure) or Busch Gardens (stay-cation). It'd be easier on our babies to do the stay-cation.
At the end of the month I will be embarking on my first cruise so at least I'll get some sort of vacation-- just wish Alex could come too. Lots going on. I hope everyone's keeping their heads on and wearing sunblock in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.