Sunday, June 15, 2014

Workin' On My Own Green Thumb


Recently I've started planning what to do with our patio outside the new apartment. I want to grow plants and also have a couple chairs with a table so it should be simple, it's just laying it all out and deciding on what plants to use.
To make the most of the little space, I'm considering a pallet garden. Like, literally just using a pallet, cleaning and painting it up. I'll need a medium that wicks water all throughout the pallet but allow for enough aeration. I spoke with my coworker Curt and he said that Chunky Coco Coir (coconut fiber) or regular Coco Coir with Perlite would do well. As for what plants, I haven't decided entirely. It'd be nice to have thyme, cilantro, lavender, marigolds, and perhaps some lettuce when it cools down. I know Alex would love to have some parsley. Can't put any peppers or tomatoes in because their roots will take over. Whatever I decide it's going to be fun having a patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.