Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Vintage Bound


I'm relaxed but pretty awake and I almost forgot to post for today. I got my butt kicked in a Muscle Madness group workout class and ended up taking an hour nap which made me wakeup as if I had a hangover (boo!). Afterwards I picked up Kaitlin and we got our hair trimmed. I feel bad because the woman didn't do what Kaitlin asked of her nor did she even seem to know what was going on. I just needed a trim so my hair is fine. Hopefully Kaitlin can get someone to properly do her hair. It's frustrating because I feel a hair stylist shouldn't do something unless they know what they're doing. I think it's better to be honest and say "I'm not familiar with how your haircut was done, I think it would be better for you to get it maintained elsewhere" and that would be respectable. I would've been happier with them for saying that to Kaitlin. I feel like I don't want to go back because of how that worked out but at the same time I just go for trims so I never have to deal with style stuff.
On a big upside i think I know what I want to wear for Tampa Bay Comic Con. I was to do Mad Men which is basically just 1950's fashion.  I already have a 50's dress so why not work on making it into a Mad Men theme by styling my hair and makeup? Or I can make one of the simpler dresses-- there are plenty of retro patterns in the market now. Vintage is awesome. Either way I'm pretty excited because I love 50's style and maybe I could do some old fashion cartoon makeup like with the framing black lines and color spots. Awesomeness ensues. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.