Saturday, August 16, 2014

USF Loan BS & CAD


Today was Customer Appreciation Day at my job and there were lots of goodies to give out and receive (just for being a wormie). From the SmartPot guy I got one BigBagBed Mini (a mini fabric raised bed that is the perfect size for my new garden. I'm thinking peppers in there along with some basil and... not sure what else), a bunch of different nutrient samples, a cool new bag made entirely from hemp from FoxFarm, a new shirt (that I can wear to work on Fridays to promote SmartPot), Panera bagels, and a few other souvenirs and growing supplies.
It was fairly busy-- not as buys as Black Friday was last year-- and I'm very happy to say I got the chance to help a lot of people. 
The day was paced alright for time, too. There were a few slow moments but there were always customers hanging around for raffles so it never felt dead. I was kept occupied with so many activities and questions that I did not think about the silly issues with USF Financial Aid until just a few moments before writing this. Apparently they made a mistake with how they allowed students to input their award acceptance amount so they require that everyone resubmit their IRS Tax Receipt to a specified website. Granted, this is an honest mistake that should not have happened because they get too much money to make mistakes with the money. However, they totally could have informed students of the issue sooner than the week before Fall semester begins. There is no way they let an issue with money pass without double checking. 
I'd like to end my post by saying "This would have never happened at Florida State." because there is such bittersweet meaning to it: I would not have the job at Worm's Way and I would not have acquired as much knowledge about plants or discovered Cupcake Cache if I had chosen FSU instead of USF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.