Sunday, August 10, 2014

Zo-o You Mind?!

Thursday, my last day using the Tampa City Pass, was spent visiting Lowry Park Zoo. Alex and I made our first visit there last fall for $6 day. $6 day was like a line for free cupcakes from. Cupcake Cache while Thursday was rather empty. It took us maybe two hours to walk around and give each animal our affections and good energy. I love the zoo but the aquarium and Busch Gardens were better-- new is almost always more exciting. Though Lowry does have baby elephants! Love to see them- so cute!
Austin was definitely disappointed at the zoo, though, when he learned that the pbj sandwiches I packed for the three of us were our lunch. We weren't going to buy any food at the zoo; Alex and I really don't have much money. When we go out to places we try to bring sandwiches snacks and drinks with us so we re not spending more than is necessary. Austin did not seem to grasp this concept and it's understandable because the only time the poor kid gets to go out at home is for Friday night dinner. Normal to associate buying food out when that's the only thing that's done when he does go out. If he communicated better and spent a little less time playing games he could get his parents to take him to the bookstore or library at least. 
Looking back I feel a tad sour about how I handled some situations with him throughout the week but teaching a teenager what is socially acceptable and how to communicate is very frustrating when you're not their parent. 
Add this type of frustration with myself on my period and you have a monster ready to snap at an inconsiderate kid asking for a french fry from your lunch
So the lesson for the week? Don't give me a teenage kid to take care of when I'm on my period unless they have properly learned the basics of communication and not to expect to be given things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.