Thursday, May 29, 2014

Green Peppa (ROCK LOBSTA!)


If you read my blog (or at least the most recent posts), you know that Alex and I are building up our tool belt for cosplaying at Megacon next year. So that we don't have to dump a bunch of money all at once, we've been getting some things here and there that we are sure we will need for our cosplays and any sewing adventures. Today we got our patterns from The Green Pepper in the mail (only about $5 each-- shipping costs are low because it's pretty much just paper). I was very impressed that it only took them two days to get the order out and shipped. I admit I had my doubts because you can only order over the phone or through snail mail but I must say I am very pleased. (In comparison, I ordered a needle clam for the sewing machine from Sewing Parts Online over a week ago and just this evening did it get registered at the post office for shipment). Not only were they quick to send out and have the items shipped, their quality is wonderful. They folded the patterns the least amount possible and everything came in proper condition. The patterns we ordered were sport tights and then a racing suit. Both can potentially be altered to be a catsuit for red lantern and numerous other cosplays.
The Green Pepper also sells fabrics and notions-- mostly geared towards outdoors-y projects because it's a outdoors-y company. You can get some of their patterns at Joann's but not many.
Another thing I'd like to rave about real quick before I get ready for bed is this awesome bag of chips. They're called Boulder Canyon: Ancient Grains and they are amazing. AMAZING. You take a nice crisp bite and you're in chip-bean heaven. These delicious crunchies are gluten free and are made with brown rice, corn, quinoa, pinto beans, black beans, chia seeds, and a bunch of other yummy goodness. I bought them at BJ's and they go great with classic hummus. If you think it's just for vegans/vegetarians, Kaitlin (who is a happy good-food, no discrimination against meat eater) enjoyed them a bunch too!
I hope everyone's Friday help their weekend get off to a good start.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.